I’m stoked that through all the random Google searches and memes floating around, you ended up here, at Mayhem and Mania.
What’s Mayhem and Mania, you say?
Mayhem and Mania is a lifestyle blog (which basically means I write about living the good life) that focuses on rewriting what it means to live with a personality disorder.
The focus of this blog is Borderline Personality Disorder, though I also rope in self care, general mental health, and also a little bit of freelancing! (If you also suffer from a personality disorder, you definitely know how hard it is to find and keep a job. I like to help you make money from home, on your terms.)
I wanted to create a space where it’s not just me rambling about mental health and how bad things can get.
My goal is to make you laugh a lot, cry a little, and maybe give you a resource that brings hope, even if it’s for a few minutes.
When I was first diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, I read all of the online resources that I could find.
I found exercises on how I could better assimilate into living a normal life and support systems for loved ones of Borderlines, but I struggled to find compassionate, real advice for people like us.
I wanted to create a blog that was different. I wanted to talk about what it’s like being Borderline, what helps, but also, mundane, everything things like tv shows, hobbies, food- yknow, things that we rarely remember to enjoy when the world seems so chaotic.
Random 5 facts about me:
- I’m a serial blogger- I’ve been blogging since Xanga and LiveJournal- blogged about anything from Degrassi, Neopets, tarot cards, business, even salads!
- My full time job is blogging and being a virtual assistant. I also love helping other people with invisible illness create their own remote jobs.
- Pretty much addicted to sushi.
- I really enjoy dark humor and dry comedy. My favorite shows include Misfits, Ozark, and South Park. I have a potty brain.
- I’m married, with kids, cats, and a dog.
- Send me a tweet and let me know what you’re having for dinner!
- Follow my strange adventures over on Instagram.
- Head over to my Pinterest for resources on starting a small business, self-care, and minimalism.